Reporting to: Project Manager/Country Representative
Main objective: the JPO will be part of the Programme Unit in DRC and will work in close collaboration with Project Managers, Technical Advisor and Country Representative contributing in implementing an education in emergency project funded by Education Cannot Wait.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the AVSI DRC Program Area as per needs;
- Carry out field visits and support the Programmatic Unit and the Projects Managers as per need (field assessment, evaluations, reporting, etc.);
- Support the implementation of AVSI’ project M&E policy;
- Collaborate with the Country Representative, Project Managers and sector specialists in writing the activity reports according to donors’ schedule and requirements:
- Participate in the design of future new project(s);
- Represent AVSI RDC at district-level coordination meetings (Clusters, Working Groups) and share with the supervisors the main points of the discussions;
- Communicate effectively AVSI’s identity, mission, vision values and its approach in order to work in ways that are contextually appropriate and clear;
- Keep good relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders;
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Country Representative.
- Preferable academic studies in Development, Social Sciences; a Master on Humanitarian Studies or Human Rights an asset;
- Excellent knowledges of Ms. Excel;
- Fluent in French;
- Previous experience in DRC or another Sub Saharian African Country an asset.
- Strong capacity to work under-pressure;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Strong communication skills and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Willingness to travel within the country.
How to apply:
Send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, specify in the subject of the mail the code of the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.