Provide guidance to the Country Office in incorporating monitoring and reporting into programme formulation
- Provide quality assurance of program documents through review of results frameworks in order to meet SMART criteria;
- Manage the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes; ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated to programme formulation;
- Coordinate annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Ensure linkage of Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and corresponding Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Plans with the UN Women Strategic Plan;
- Provide strategic guidance to partners and DRC CO colleagues in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs) and Baseline Surveys;
- Ensure sufficient funds for monitoring, evaluation and reporting at country/ regional level is included in programs and mobilized.
Provide technical guidance to the DRC CO Office in and oversee monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan
- Ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes;
- Monitor data from partners on a quarterly basis and draft regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners to support monitoring of results and planning processes;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
- Develop and monitor the DRC CO Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
- Oversee reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences;
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance to the country office in meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Finalize donor and quarterly and annual programme reports (both narrative and financial);
- Ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Ensure the availability (including collecting and maintaining) of data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
Provide technical support to the DRC CO in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Provide technical support to the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan at the country level;
- Provide guidance to DRC CO programme staff on evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the DRC CP and Regional Office/HQ regarding Evaluations;
- Represent the country offices in monitoring and evaluation working groups in the context of United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge; as identified through programme
implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Develop capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Manage capacity building opportunities of staff and partners in the region/country in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E);
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of M&E among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities. Finalize programme reports (both narrative and financial); ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations as input to programme reporting;
- Review, and ensure quality of, progress reports submitted by country offices/partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality advanced technical support and guidance to country offices in line with workplan
- Quality and timely systems for tracking/monitoring developed and implemented
- Timely synthesis and submission of quality and accurate narrative and financial reports
- Number of monitoring visits to country offices/ partners
- Quality and relevant trainings to staff / Knowledge management tools developed.
Education and certification:
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies is required.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programmes;
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset;
- Field experience is an asset.
Please follow this link to apply online : https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=86092